Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kali-Ma Chocolates

I have a host of unhealthy, shall we say... habits - a much less provocative word than addictions.  my must haves include black coffee, red wine, chocolate & don't even get me started on shopping!  all of which i try very hard to justify to myself and so far, i'm managing to stay guilt free (don't you just love self delusion!). 

anyway, today i wandered down to The Organic Shop (intent on filling my store cupboards with wholesome organic goodness) and discovered something which means i never have to appease my conscience again about eating chocolate (my waistline and i may still have a few words but at least my conscience can now keep out of it!)

raw, organic, chocolate. "what is raw chocolate?" i hear you ask - it's comprised of unheated cacao butter, cacao paste & cacao powder.

in its unheated form cacao contains over 300 nutritional compounds, antioxidants, essential minerals and (and i'm quoting here) "the love molecule PEA which is known to create a feeling of euphoria resulting in insatiable desire!" (look out husband!!!)
now each one of these melt in the mouth chocolatey morsels are jam packed full of antioxidants (making them extremely good for you) AND they are dairy free (a very important factor in my guilt free status, as studies have indicated that milk/dairy products specifically block the absorption of all the great antioxidants in chocolate).  they taste divine (no hint of the bitterness that usually accompanies dark chocolate) and i can now eat to my hearts (& every other bit of my body's) content!
Kali-Ma Raw & Organic Chocolates
Kali-Ma raw & organic chocolates are available in Jersey from The Organic Shop, 68 stopford road, st helier and online - email maria@earth-beauty.com.  for a full list of stockists and further details about raw chocolate visit www.earth-beauty.com



No comments:

Post a Comment